Little Free Library has launched a grant program to place LFL book-sharing boxes and books in indigenous communities! Those selected will receive a LFL kit (which takes about an hour to assemble and includes the charter) and a starter pack of 50 books.
The application criteria are as follows:
- Library location and shipping address must be in the United States or Canada.
- Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Applicant must be a local person responsible for and with regular access to the library.
- Applicant must have permission to apply on behalf of an organization.
- Applicant must have a confirmed library location with all permissions/permits approved.
- One application per household or organization per six months.
- Organizations with long-term commitments/relationships with the Indigenous community are prioritized.
To learn more about this opportunity, view the program page here.
You can reach out with questions directly to the Indigenous Library Program at email@example.com.
If you have questions about being a steward or providing books for the boxes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.